Sorry it has been a little bit long since I last posted. I have been pretty occupied chasing after these boys of mine, supporting Paul through finals, and trying to keep up with housework.
Yesterday a friend of mine invited us to go to COSI (Columbus' Center of Science and Industry) with her and her two little girls. Her little girl Harley is about Anson's same age and they are very good friends. Apparently this science center is the number one children's science museum in the country. It was absolutely amazing. We visited the Ocean, Dora the Explorer, and Little Kidspace exhibits. Plus, if you prove your poverty you can get an annual pass for only $25 (which we did). I foresee us going quite often, especially once the weather gets horrid. For only going to three exhibits with a little stop for lunch, it is amazing that we spent five and a half hours there. Anson and Harley were going nonstop the entire time. I was exhausted after just watching them.
With Christmas fast approaching we have been doing some festive activities. I got out my wreath and hung it over the door. That certainly helped me feel more in the mood for Christmas. I also have been getting pretty creative with gift ideas. Mostly I have been sewing, drawing, painting this year. About a month ago I was having a hard time foreseeing how we would get anyone presents until I realized that I have talents and a bit of time, so why not make a few gifts this year? Plus, anyone can BUY something, but homemade is special...hopefully other people share that sentiment :) Our neighbors made homemade gingerbread and brought Anson a cute gingerbread house and icing and candy to decorate it. We spent a morning doing that activity. The finished product is on the shelf near our stairs; it smells so good!
I miss the beach! I miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteBaby is quite fair and blue eyed...
his hair looks red in the picture!
Ma