Monday, September 5, 2011

Cambridge University Botanical Gardens

09/05/11 Today we went to the Cambridge University Botanical Gardens. It isn't far from where we live, so we took a walk. It was a beautiful outing.

About 20 days later I found this blog post in my profile. Unfortunately I had never published it, but I decided to go ahead and do so today because I think it is worth remembering.

What I remember most about the trip was the glass houses (old green houses) full of plants from different climates. Our favorite was the rainforest room. It was very humid and damp and there were all sorts of plants we had never seen before. Anson was enchanted by the fish pool covered by floating papyrus.
There was also a pond outside of the glass houses that had lots of ducks and very beautiful landscaping. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take pictures while we were there because my camera batteries died.
This was our last excursion while we were in England and a very enjoyable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment