Wednesday, October 19, 2011

More sewing projects and an update on life

So, my mother had about a bolt of really cute flannel that she found when my grandmother died. Who knows where or when grandma got it, but now it has passed on to me. I decided to make good use of it and make my sister's daughter a pair of PJs for Christmas. I can't say that I was a huge fan of the fabric when I first saw it, but now that I have it made into something it is actually quite adorable and very good quality. The pattern I used only started at a children's XS, which is a little big for her (she wears 3T-4T), but I hope that she will grow into the PJs soon. Unfortunately, I wrapped them before taking a picture, but I guess that preserves an element of surprise :)
I have also been in a bow making craze. A lady in my ward sells handmade buttons online and is the crafting/sewing queen. She held a craft night and showed us how to make bows from scrap fabric. I made my other niece a bunch for her 4th birthday. Hope she likes them.
Outside of my sewing exploits, life has been good in general. I am more than ready to not be pregnant anymore and am praying everyday that baby will decide to come out. Paul is doing well. His graduate program is extremely challenging, but in my opinion he is holding his own. He started tutoring a high school girl once a week, which has brought in an itty-bitty bit of income...that's nice. He is gone all day everyday, and we get to see him for dinner and breakfast if we are lucky. That's the only bummer, we are so used to having him around more. Well, that's it for this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are sewing and crafting it sounds so fun! We are excited to know how you guys are doing and when the little baby makes it's arrival! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing projects bring back fond memories of my mother sewing clothes for me and my brothers. I remember how fun it was to wear something made especially for me. I'm sure your niece will love the jammies. And the bows sound like delightful fun to make and give.

    ReplyDelete